Career Questions tagged Insurance

For a peek inside the industry, check out Spark 101's Insurance Snapshot video

Jenny N.’s Avatar
Jenny N. Jul 31, 2020 404 views

Do I need a license to work in the Insurance field?

I am currently in my second-year of post-secondary in the insurance field. However, I am not too sure if I need some sort of license after I graduate or if a bachelor's degree is good enough. In addition, if I do need a license, can I just do the license while I am still in school? Or do I have...

underwriting broker july20 claims riskmanagement canada insurance

Jenny N.’s Avatar
Jenny N. Jul 31, 2020 383 views

What can I expect in the Insurance field? (underwriting, claims, etc)

I am currently in an insurance program in my post-secondary school however, I am not that exposed to it. The main courses for the program don't begin until my third year and I do not know what I am really getting myself in to. I was wondering if any of you could explain the different roles in...

underwriting broker july20 claims insurance

Riley J.’s Avatar
Riley J. May 17, 2018 633 views

Is a math degree good for a career?

I am currently pursuing a degree in math. I know that there are a lot of careers that use math these days like insurance, finance, statistics, and cryptography. Is this the best degree to ensure that I get a job in one of these fields? And, if not what else should I look at? Thank you. math...

career-options college-major statistics finance insurance

Karen W.’s Avatar
Karen W. May 16, 2018 959 views

What is a 401K and should I apply for one in my first job?

As I prepare to go into my career, I know insurances and benefits are a huge part of accepting a job. I have never really understood what a 401K is and if I need to apply for it! 401k insurance interviews...

job-applications

Ann Ariel B.’s Avatar
Ann Ariel B. Sep 01, 2017 577 views

What are the main qualities that describe the role of a Risk Analyst and how relevant are they in the corporate world?

Hello, I want to become a Risk Analyst in the near future riskanalysis. I am currently majoring in finance and accounting and I have been taking management courses as well as information and technology courses based on various programs used in Data Analytics; however, though I have the general...

insurance

Grace M.’s Avatar
Grace M. May 17, 2016 735 views

Are there specific jobs that guarantee insurance?

I want to work as a Stereoscopic 3D animator for a large company like Lightstorm Entertainment. I am considered about my health care and dental insurance when I receive this job and am wondering if there are specific guidelines companies are required to meet for their employees? art...

graphic-designer stereoscopic insurance