Career Questions tagged Food Service

Quincy’s Avatar
Quincy May 03 241 views

What would be the first step to take if I wanted to open a food truck?

I'm looking to start a small business and I'd like to get a good understanding of what it'll take to start it up.

Tyler’s Avatar
Tyler Dec 16, 2020 342 views

Do u always have to work on Holidays as a chef

I am a 9th grader that is thinking about becoming a chef but the fact that i have to work on holidays and not being able to spend it with family scares me. #chef #cooking #food-service #Christmas

star’s Avatar
star Feb 07, 2020 480 views

How long you it take to get a bachelors degree in food service manager?

#entrepreneur #management #food-service

Alexandra’s Avatar
Alexandra Jun 20, 2018 653 views

What education is needed to become a chef?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college #chef...

Claire’s Avatar
Claire Oct 07, 2017 885 views

What is the best way to get work experience?

Everywhere I want to work, even small retail jobs, seems to ask for work experience, so how do I get that experience in the first place? #retail #food-service

Robert’s Avatar
Robert May 18, 2016 750 views

If I'm going for a degree in culinary arts and hospitality, why do I have to take/pay for classes that will not necessarily help nor affect anything with culinary arts?

I want to be a chef and try and innovate the current food industry. My parents own a restaurant and I hope to further their business and bring fresh good quality food to America. Not the processed food widely available today. #colleges #chef #culinary-arts #food #food-service #personal-chef

Jeremy’s Avatar
Jeremy May 16, 2016 726 views

Is Food Science a prospective major with huge market demands for Food Science Career Workers?

I am majoring in Food Science in wish to know the easiness to apply for jobs after graduating especially in good companies like Nestle Kraft and etc.
Thanks guys #job #job-search #job-market #food-service #food-quality

darryl’s Avatar
darryl Mar 01, 2016 2915 views

Is it wise to pursue a career in cooking, like a chef, and does it pay well?

I am a senior and plan on going to college for culinary and business. I want to know if that a good career path that pay wells. Also are their any jobs or career specifically that both pay well and enjoyable in this career choice. #culinary-arts #business-idea #culinary-skills #food-service...

Deric’s Avatar
Deric Oct 23, 2014 1646 views

I will most likely be entering the hospitality/management field soon. What top tier organizations require such services?

I am almost finished with high school. With college applications due next month and the end of my senior year a quarter done, I am desperate for insight on this major I intend to undertake #business #management #hospitality #relations #food-service