Career Questions tagged Food Service

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018

What education is needed to become a chef?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college #chef...

#food-service #culinary #cooking

Claire N.’s Avatar
Claire N. Oct 07, 2017

What is the best way to get work experience?

Everywhere I want to work, even small retail jobs, seems to ask for work experience, so how do I get that experience in the first place? #retail...

#food-service

Robert W.’s Avatar
Robert W. May 18, 2016

If I'm going for a degree in culinary arts and hospitality, why do I have to take/pay for classes that will not necessarily help nor affect anything with culinary arts?

I want to be a chef and try and innovate the current food industry. My parents own a restaurant and I hope to further their business and bring fresh good quality food to America. Not the processed food widely available today. #colleges #chef #culinary-arts #food #food-service...

#personal-chef

Jeremy C.’s Avatar
Jeremy C. May 16, 2016

Is Food Science a prospective major with huge market demands for Food Science Career Workers?

I am majoring in Food Science in wish to know the easiness to apply for jobs after graduating especially in good companies like Nestle Kraft and etc. Thanks guys #job #job-search #job-market #food-service...

#food-quality

darryl B.’s Avatar
darryl B. Mar 01, 2016

Is it wise to pursue a career in cooking, like a chef, and does it pay well?

I am a senior and plan on going to college for culinary and business. I want to know if that a good career path that pay wells. Also are their any jobs or career specifically that both pay well and enjoyable in this career choice. #culinary-arts #business-idea #culinary-skills #food-service...

#culinary-management

Deric N.’s Avatar
Deric N. Oct 23, 2014

I will most likely be entering the hospitality/management field soon. What top tier organizations require such services?

I am almost finished with high school. With college applications due next month and the end of my senior year a quarter done, I am desperate for insight on this major I intend to undertake #business #management #hospitality #relations...

#food-service