What do you do for the community?

Pam’s Answer

Hi Josh,

I joined several Employee Groups who do a lot with the community. Some of the things we do are:

• Work with a local animal shelter (I personally foster kittens, but we also donate our time and do donation drives for them)
  • Do food drives for kids in college to donate to a local college so students in need have things to eat
  • Do toiletry drives for kids in need in high school
  • Serve food at a local church to those in need
  • Do 5k races or volunteer for them to benefit different charities
  • Do blood drives

There are so many ways to get involved. I recommend picking something you are passionate about and volunteering there. You may have to try a few different things, but once you find one you care deeply about, you will be hooked! Good luck finding your passion!

Pam recommends the following next steps:

• Visit a volunteer fair or do a search on 501c charities in your area

Andrea’s Answer

Hi Josh - I have had the opportunity to work for three great companies where they highly value community service/giving back to the community (to be honest, that is one of the reasons I decided to pursue jobs with those companies). I have been able to do everything from volunteering at a Boys and Girls club to helping build playhouses to doing mock interviews, teaching coding skills and resume workshops.

If giving back is important to you, I encourage you to find companies that make community service a priority!

Ester’s Answer

Hi Josh,

I have been fortunate to work for 2 companies that contributed to our communities several times a year. Though I felt that I could do more outside of the company and wanted to do more I sought out for myself and/or with my kids to help out. I currently help with 2 organizations; Meals on Wheels which delivers meals to low income senior citizens and N.A.Y.A.

I highly recommend looking into something that speaks to your heart. It is rewarding in so many ways to give back if we can.

Best of luck,

Liz’s Answer

Hi Josh,

I've been blessed to work with both online and in person communities and absolutely LOVE this type of work! I've hosted community events, music events, volunteered with wildlife animal rehabs and volunteered in schools. To me there is nothing better than working closely with the communities you are a part of. It's a way to support and give back as well as making new connections along the way.

Liz recommends the following next steps:

• I would encourage you to make a list of the communities you are a part of currently as well as communities you would like to join. Once you have that list together you can seek our opportunities to join, volunteer or give back.