Career Questions tagged New York

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Aug 01 60 views

How close is Brooklyn-99 to the real NYPD?

Ok, dumb question, but is Brooklyn-99 anything similar to actually being on the NYPD? I love the show and it's made me consider joining the NYPD but I know it's fiction and probably unrealistic. One of the best parts about the show is its representation and diversity, but is the NYPD force...

#cop #july20 #nypd #cops #criminal-justice #police #nyc #new-york

Leion E.’s Avatar
Leion E. Jun 25, 2016 578 views

career advice

should networking students pursue a degree or career in computer science? #new #new-york #electric...

#south

Kyana J.’s Avatar
Kyana J. May 29, 2016 492 views

where in New York can i be an intern for the summer?

I would like to be an intern for the summer but don't know a law firm that hires a 16 year old junior. #law #communications #communication #intern #pre-law #new-york...

#junior

Liz G.’s Avatar
Liz G. May 24, 2016 571 views

How do you go about finding a summer internship?

I have just finished my sophomore year at the College of Charleston and was not sure how to go about finding a summer internship before I headed back home to New York. I'm a double major in Business Administration and Hospitality and Tourism so at my college there is a list server for Tourism...

#hospitality #internships #tourism #openings #new-york #college-jobs #business

Brynna S.’s Avatar
Brynna S. May 18, 2016 461 views

How difficult is it to transfer from a university in one state to a university in another?

After receiving my Bachelor's in Journalism in Florida, I want to start my career while working towards my Master's in New York and plan on transferring to Columbia. I am worried that if I'm not recruited, the transfer process will be very expensive and extensive. Even though it would kick...

#florida #bachelors #college-transfer #journalism #new-york #columbia-university #debt #masters

Emily K.’s Avatar
Emily K. May 18, 2016 612 views

How difficult is it to find a job in publishing that allows you to afford the cost of living in New York?

I have always wanted to be an editor, however my concern now is in being capable of comfortably supporting myself. This newfound concern has led me to question whether my choice path will be realistic enough to pursue. #writing #editing #books #publishing #magazines #new-york...

#newspapers