How close is Brooklyn-99 to the real NYPD?

4

Ok, dumb question, but is Brooklyn-99 anything similar to actually being on the NYPD? I love the show and it's made me consider joining the NYPD but I know it's fiction and probably unrealistic. One of the best parts about the show is its representation and diversity, but is the NYPD force actually anything like that, or is it like police stereotypes and mostly white guys? I know the events and humor are exaggerated on TV, but does the workplace typically have toxic masculinity and racism like some police forces are known to have?
#july20 #police #nypd #cops #cop #nyc #new-york

Okay honestly I'd have to ask the same thing. I'd have to agree. more on the fact that- tv shows inspire us, and that's not a bad thing. But I swear the amount of tv shows that have "inspired" are countless. The good thing is though- Brooklyn-99 is the one show I watched where it's not depressing. In Fact it's uplifting. The comedy takes in place- and if it were is be depressing then it wouldn't fit goofy cop show. But the one thing I know from watching a crazy amount of law enforcement tv shows is that- it's depressing, traumatic, and a big risk to take. I wanted to remind you that- Brooklyn-99 is a comedy. It's to make you laugh- not to make you feel paranoid. But it's great that your inspired- and I ain't gonna lie- so am I. oriana O. Translate
4

No answers yet