4
Updated 213 views

How can i learn new language like german?

i want to learn Germany

4

1

Mary’s Answer

Im an American who learned German, and I can tell you it's totally possible, but it is hard. Part of the reason I was able to become as fluent as I did is because I lived in Germany, and they have intensive integration classes for immigrants; four hours a day five days a week for six months. Plus, having to go shopping, ride the bus, talk to people on the streets in my target language really helped.

My advice: start with something like Duolingo. It's free, it's accessible, and it will help you practice some basic words, phrases, and grammar.

Also, find a class. In a classroom setting, you will learn more in depth, and you will have someone you can ask questions of who is knowledgeable in the proper use and application of the language. You'll also find other people who are learning and will probably be willing to practice with you, which leads me to my last piece of advice:

Find people to use the language with. Not just other German language learners, but native German speakers (maybe ones who want to practice English with you.) "Proper" language is not what we speak. Most of the time, we speak in slang and short hand. The classroom will teach you academic German, and regular people will teach you everyday German.

Other tips: movies and music. Get on Spotify and search German music. Pop music is great because it's repetitive and usually talks about really basic things, like having fun or falling love. Get movie you've seen a million times and watch it with a German dub. I would watch the Disney movies I grew up on, like Mulan and Robin Hood and Lion King.

Learning languages is really fun! I wish America cared more about it. Good luck!
1
0

Ezra’s Answer

Hello,

There are many online platforms that have German classes. Some popular online sites are Duolingo, Babbel, and Rosetta Stone. If you are looking for a more professional environment many colleges have multiple languages to learn from, but college can be expensive.
0
0

Challa’s Answer

Absolutely, you have the ability to master a new language! You have a variety of resources at your disposal, including classes and a multitude of modern apps and online tools designed specifically for language learning. Imagine yourself in Germany, conversing fluently with the locals, or perhaps you're more interested in the technical aspects of the language? Regardless of your goals, remember to tailor your learning to your personal needs and dive right in! The journey of learning a new language is truly an exciting one.
0