Career Questions tagged Grad

Blake M.’s Avatar
Blake M. May 09 109 views

Technology, International, French language, where does it all fit together?

I have only ever worked in the IT field since I was in High school. I am getting an international degree with a focus in MIS Global IT leadership and Management. I learned intermediate level French in France and Canada. I can finish my degree in December; or I can postpone it a semester and go...

#foreign-languages #business #international #grad #thinktank #postgrad #help #abroad #technology

Khushi K.’s Avatar
Khushi K. Aug 31, 2018 156 views
Khushi K.’s Avatar
Khushi K. Aug 31, 2018 224 views
Aimee K.’s Avatar
Aimee K. Aug 12, 2018 131 views

How soon after university should I apply to grad schools ?

I definitely need to save up and work a few years before going back to school, but does waiting too long affect my eligibility to grad schools ? #art #art history #biology #grad...

Julia V.’s Avatar
Julia V. Jan 21, 2018 158 views

In the field of biomedical engineering, what are th epros and cons of going straight from undergrad to a master's degee vs going out into the work force?

I go to a school with a strong coop program. I am wondering if it is fiscally responsible to go straight to master's degree, or get a job with a bachelor's degree. #grad...

Mariam I.’s Avatar
Mariam I. Jan 16, 2018 279 views

How important are extracurriculars to grad school?

In high school, extracurricular clubs and activities are a big part of college applications. When applying for grad school, is this the same way? Or do grad schools just look for consistently high grades? #grades #extracurriculars #grad #graduate-school ##gradschool #graduateschool...

#undergraduate #student-clubs

Leah A.’s Avatar
Leah A. Feb 11, 2017 1063 views

How easy is it to get a minimum wage job?

I've been considering how much someone would struggle when they get out of college with experience but not quite the right kind. Is experience what matters? I understanf that everyone "starts at the bottom" but how have much time will that take to even get a job straight out of college? I tried...

#grad #job-applications #first-job #post

Mitra  D.’s Avatar
Mitra D. Nov 12, 2016 512 views
Amina D.’s Avatar
Amina D. Jul 08, 2016 412 views

Grad school vs. undergrad

Hello! Can anyone comment on the differences between undergrad and grad school? I am interested in astronomy/physics and was wondering how the classes differ, how teachers teach, etc. Any advice is appreciated. #graduate-school #physics #undergraduate #astronomy...

#grad