Career Questions tagged Grad

Esther’s Avatar
Esther Jul 20, 2020 382 views

What is one lie that you wish to dismiss about graduate school and the grad student experience?

I recently earned my bachelor's and will be starting a doctoral program in August. I've been hearing rumors left and right about grad school in general. They range from dissertations being a mandatory 200 pages, how you have to say goodbye to your social life, how grad students have the same...

Blake’s Avatar
Blake May 09, 2019 560 views

Technology, International, French language, where does it all fit together?

I have only ever worked in the IT field since I was in High school. I am getting an international degree with a focus in MIS Global IT leadership and Management. I learned intermediate level French in France and Canada. I can finish my degree in December; or I can postpone it a semester and go...

Khushi’s Avatar
Khushi Aug 31, 2018 524 views

Does undergrad prestige really matter?

#undergrad
#grad
#school

Khushi’s Avatar
Khushi Aug 31, 2018 653 views

What are the benefits of going to business school?

#business
#grad school
#schooling

Aimee’s Avatar
Aimee Aug 12, 2018 434 views

How soon after university should I apply to grad schools ?

I definitely need to save up and work a few years before going back to school, but does waiting too long affect my eligibility to grad schools ?
#art #art history #biology #grad schools

Sarah’s Avatar
Sarah Apr 19, 2018 519 views

What scholarships are out there for Grad Students??

#graduate-school #grad #graduateschool #nursepractitioner

Julia’s Avatar
Julia Jan 21, 2018 374 views

In the field of biomedical engineering, what are th epros and cons of going straight from undergrad to a master's degee vs going out into the work force?

I go to a school with a strong coop program. I am wondering if it is fiscally responsible to go straight to master's degree, or get a job with a bachelor's degree.
#grad school

Mariam’s Avatar
Mariam Jan 16, 2018 719 views

How important are extracurriculars to grad school?

In high school, extracurricular clubs and activities are a big part of college applications. When applying for grad school, is this the same way? Or do grad schools just look for consistently high grades? #grades #extracurriculars #grad #graduate-school ##gradschool #graduateschool...

Leah’s Avatar
Leah Feb 11, 2017 1793 views

How easy is it to get a minimum wage job?

I've been considering how much someone would struggle when they get out of college with experience but not quite the right kind. Is experience what matters? I understanf that everyone "starts at the bottom" but how have much time will that take to even get a job straight out of college? I tried...

Mitra ’s Avatar
Mitra Nov 12, 2016 1045 views

Do you have to major in business/ economics to go to business school and get an MBA?

Will I have trouble in business graduate school if I don't major in business #college #business #school #grad

Amina’s Avatar
Amina Jul 08, 2016 712 views

Grad school vs. undergrad

Hello! Can anyone comment on the differences between undergrad and grad school? I am interested in astronomy/physics and was wondering how the classes differ, how teachers teach, etc. Any advice is appreciated. #graduate-school #physics #undergraduate #astronomy #grad