What are some jobs in the dental field that do not require an extreme amount of schooling?

I was looking into dental hygiene, but i’m afraid my parents are going to be disappointed because they want me to look for a job that earns more money. dental-hygienist dental dentistry dental-hygiene dentist

2

Wendy’s Answer

Hello Danella,

Being a dental hygienist has potential of having high salaries, even though your salary will not be as high as a dentist there are other positive aspects and could be considered at the end having a "higher salary". Some aspect are school loans, dental schools are extremely expensive and when graduating dentist have about half a million in school loan which is a lot, on the other side dental hygiene school is shorter schooling and not as expensive. Also, in order for dentists to gain a high salary they are require to own their own practice and having their own practice leads to having more stress dealing with the business side of dentistry, while in dental hygiene you do not have to worry about owning your own practice and have a lower stress. Dental hygiene is a great career to look into and has great potential in providing a great income and the more experience you have in that career the higher the possibilities of getting a great income.

Also, keep in mind that your career choice should be something you see yourself enjoying and not about what other people what for you.

That really motivated me to continue looking into the practice. I really appreciate it! Do you know what the difference in salary is between a dentist who has its own practice and one who does not ? Danell L.

0

Claire’s Answer

Hi Danell,

Unfortunately in traditional fields like dentistry, higher salaried positions usually require more years of schooling or training. I would recommend spending time evaluating what you want most out of a career. Is a limited amount of time in school your priority? If so, I’d recommend researching dental assistant or dental hygienist training programs at a technical school. If making a lot of money is your priority, use that as motivation as you prepare for a longer educational journey.

In the end, you will be the one getting yourself to work every day, not your family, so it is important to prioritize your personal values when choosing a career path.

I will definitely reflect on that. Thank you so much! Danell L.

0