what should I study in college if I want to become an orthodontist?

I want to know the process of becoming an orthodontist. The studying would take a long time, but I want to know what major should I be in to get into that path. What college would best prepare me for this profession?
#dentist #dentistry #pediatric-dentistry #college-major #college #college-advice #university #university-applications #family-dentistry #testing

ellyn’s Answer

Congratulations on your decided path! Dentistry is a great service and patients love a beautiful smile!

Study something about which you are passionate, it makes it easier for you to be at the top of your class before applying for dental school. That being said, I chose to study biomedical science and Spanish because the biomedical science interested me AND covered all pre-requisites for any healthcare professional school, and Spanish because it's so prevalent in the US, I loved it and I wanted to study abroad.

Most importantly, make sure whatever you study will make you an attractive candidate for dental school and get it poppin!

ellyn recommends the following next steps:

• take the DAT
  • look into majors that interest you
  • figure out what schools have these majors