What if the Application deadline has passed?

1

I have decided to apply to a college, but I am afraid that the application deadline has passed. Should I apply anyways? #college-applications #university-applications #college #college-admissions

1

Zimo’s Answer

1

For most colleges, the application portal is electronic, and will shutdown after the deadline has passed. As a result, there'll be no way to apply through the normal application portal. However, on the college website, there's usually contact information for the admission office.

My best advice for you is to reach out to the college admission office directly and explain the reason why you missed the deadline and why you would love to attend this college. Drop them an email or visit the office directly and see what the admission officer can do to help you.

If you missed the deadline and the admission office does not allow exceptions, try to utilize the time to search for other colleges that offers similar courses/degrees you are interested in, and apply. If you decided you want to attend one particular college, you can always start taking courses, and transfer the course credit at a later date.

Zimo recommends the following next steps:

• Find contact information for the admission office on the college website.
  • Visit the office in person, or call or email them and explain the circumstances.
1