Any tips for getting into a top school? For a medical school?

3

I know that it's super competitive for some schools and for almost all medical schools, so is there anything I should be doing to make sure that I have a good chance of getting in?

#medschool #topschool #ivyleague #medicine #healthcare #hospital-and-healthcare #doctor #premed -school

3

Shivani’s Answer

0
Hi Hanan,

It is crazy competitive to get into medical school. It is true that GPA and MCAT are the biggest factors. But things that add to your application such as community service, and research can make a difference.

To clarify the post above "as much as you can handle": schools want to see longevity and commitment to a research or volunteer thing. Not putting in an hour of 12 diff volunteer opportunities. For example, I spent 4 hours a week tutoring kids with autism spectrum disorder for a total of 2 years. I developed a relationship with the other staff and families of the kids. This really helped me get a solid letter of rec out of it.

You do have to push yourself to fit in these opportunities into your busy schedule, but if you make it meaningful, then it reflects in your med school application. This is how you stand out.
0

Alex’s Answer

0
The most important things to get into top schools is to have amazing grades as well as being involved in as much as you can handle.
0