Hamid W.

826

28

How many AP and challanging classes shoud one take during High School? Do all schools accept AP credits?

I am a junior in high school. I am looking to apply to colleges next summer and just wanted to get a heads up to see what I was aiming for. #college #university #ivy-league

I would recommend taking all the AP and challenging classes you can handle. Colleges will look not only at your GPA and grades, but at the classes on your transcript. They want to see that you are challenging yourself, and taking harder courses, like AP or honors vs. normal classes. Plus, if you are able to take AP classes you might be eligible to earn college credit or test out of some courses. Most schools accept AP credits if you pass the AP test, but I would reach out to specific schools to verify their requirements/policies.

A word of warning: You should speak with your current academic advisor/counselor before registering for any AP or other challenging courses. You want to make sure you can handle to extra work load, and don't overwhelm yourself. Taking a bunch of honors courses is great, but not if you end up with D's or F's as your final grades. It also depends on what classes you are interested in or excel at. If you have historically done well in English/Literature classes, but struggle at math you would want to stick with normal math classes while challenging yourself with harder English courses.

Last updated Jan 11 at 12:38

Hi Amid, it depends how well are you to handle the AP classes on top of your other classes and extracurricular activities. talk to your counselor to see how many AP classes will they allow you to take? Most colleges and universities will count AP classes toward your college credit as long as you get a 3 or higher. Also, taking AP classes makes your transcript standout more than other applicants. best of luck!
Last updated Oct 05 at 23:44

icon-country-tags Ashburn, VA, USA

Schools Add a schools