Career Questions tagged Employers

MaryAnn A.’s Avatar
MaryAnn A. Apr 17, 2018 539 views

What can a medical student do to boost their chances of landing a job straight out of college?

I'm studying to become a Nurse Practitioner and I was wondering what employers like to see on resumes of newly graduated students. Are there any classes or skills that would give me an added edge in the job market? college nurse-practitioner new-job resume resume-building career-advice...

employers nursing medical-school

Amelia M.’s Avatar
Amelia M. Jan 10, 2018 373 views

Places to intern for ultrasound tech

Where are places in Oakland that have intern programs for ultrasound technicians? ultrasound employers healthcare...

hospital-and-health-care

Yekaterina Z.’s Avatar
Yekaterina Z. Jan 16, 2018 456 views

Do employers care whether I earned my degree from a four-year or a community college?

I'm trying to understand whether employers place a lot of emphasis on where a potential employee get their degree. I want to save money by transferring from a community college to a four-year, but I'm worried it may cheapen my profile when I start looking for a career. I have commonly heard the...

help transfer employers degree save publicvsprivate

Anaka N.’s Avatar
Anaka N. May 13, 2017 718 views
Olivea V.’s Avatar
Olivea V. Feb 12, 2017 661 views

Is there a "season" or "cycle" when employers post summer jobs for high school students?

It's February and school ends in mid-June. Should I start applying for jobs now, or is it too early? Do employer's start looking for summer help in the spring, or do they wait until closer to June? hiring summer-jobs high-school-students employers summer-internship high-school-jobs...

student-interns hiring-practice

David L.’s Avatar
David L. Oct 22, 2016 523 views

I am interested in a computer programming career. What specific classes would be most useful

I need to make the most economical decisions regarding my college course and need to take the most beneficial classes. college-student future-careers...

employers

Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Oct 14, 2016 672 views

Honor Programs, are they important to employers?

I am an accounting major that is and have attended multiple networking clubs and events. One of the professor of an event said that I should join as much honor programs as possible. He suggested to join the accounting honor society as well as the accounting & taxation honor program at my...

school-counseling employers career-counseling

Tiffanie L.’s Avatar
Tiffanie L. Jun 23, 2016 894 views

How can I make my resume stand out if I don't have much experience since beginning college?

I've recently started school a year ago, and sadly I haven't been as active as I could have been. Now, I am applying for jobs but I am getting no replies. I was redoing my resume and realized that most of my volunteer work come from high school and that the experience is irrelevant now....

jobs employers resume business

Shawn G.’s Avatar
Shawn G. May 25, 2016 1244 views

What is the best character trait employers are looking for in new employees?

I want to know what character traits employers find most important in the work place today. Maybe there is a particular trait to hone in on or be more conscientious of. management leadership employers...

project-managers

Layla B.’s Avatar
Layla B. May 28, 2015 8718 views

How long after orientation will I start work?

I went to orientation on May 22nd for the local amusement park. It wasn't a one on one training. We went over the rules for 2 hours and then tried on our uniforms. After I showed my HR person that my uniform fit she said I could go home. It is now May 28th and she hasn't called. I still have my...

teenagers human-resources manager hiring emergency employers

Prithvi A.’s Avatar
Prithvi A. Mar 12, 2014 1161 views

What can I do to stand out in today's working world?

With competition only getting stronger by the year, I'm afraid that by the time I graduate college, it will be extremely hard to get a job in the field I want to go into- Economics and Finance. What other academic opportunities (other than and undergrad degree) can I pursue to make myself stand...

career career-development career-education college-graduate college-major employers

DejaCodman2 .’s Avatar
DejaCodman2 . Sep 09, 2012 4194 views

Do employers hire you based on what college you graduated from?

Hi, I am a sophomore and I just wanted to know does it matter to employers which college I get a degree from? would I have a better chance at getting a job if I went to a university rather than an online school? college jobs employers...

hire