I want to be an movie/tv actress and lawyer at the same time!

5

I’ve been wanting to be an actress since I was 3. I can also dance, I’ve loved it since I was 3. I can sort of sing. Drama is my favorite class at school. But I need something else just in case, so I plan to graduate in law and be a lawyer. I am also passionate in law, but it is a recent addition. But keep auditioning for roles. I’ve wanted to be an author or artist since I was young too. I am pretty good at public speaking/speech/acting. I have won awards and many people have said so. I’ve wrote stories and books since I was in 2nd grade. I’m pretty good at art too, it’s one fo my favorite subjects! I won many prizes for both. I get good grades too. What should I do?? I think I should go with this plan, but please help me by giving me advice! #civilrightslawyer #lawyer #law #college #acting #dancing #passion #advice #author #stories #writing #art #drama

5

Darlene’s Answer

0
You can practice law in the entertainment industry therefor incorporating your desire to act along with practicing law. I had a student who was successful in the arts but was going to study law in the arts and entertainment industry. She was an excellent student with very astute study practices and I could see her be a success.
Thank you! Tanu N.
0

Kathleen’s Answer

0
In reading your question I believe you are struggling for a “decision” about which ONE of your many and diverse talents and interests to pursue. However, it may be too early to make this decision because your work values are not yet clear. For example, in your weighing of the economic reality of theater vs the law, you are wisely considering what lifestyle (ex., income, location, stability) you want. Use O’Net online to compare the growth projections. And, is it a disciplined involvement in our complex legal system or is it creative self-expression that you MOST crave? All of your talents and interests have a key component in common: they provide artistic and creative outlets for you. You do not say how old you are or what stage of education you are in, but I recommend you keep asking these excellent questions! Continue to research and experience (job shadows etc.) both theater and law. Does your school have “mock trial” or a debate team? Can you participate in school or community theater to build more understanding and experience? In short, avoid looking at these passions as separate, and enjoy their commonalities. A liberal arts college degree with performing opportunities - perhaps a double major in theater arts and pre-law or criminal justice - will likely be very satisfying to you! I wish you all the very best!
Thanks so much! Tanu N.
0

Jade’s Answer

0
You sound like a very talented and passionate person. However, remember, being an attorney in any field requires you to put your the clients you represent first. This does not mean that you cannot enjoy a career in acting and in the law, it does mean you will need to develop strict disciple around time management and work/life balance. At this time in your life, you would benefit from researching local Intellectual Property law firms around your area and asking if there is a willing attorney to shadow. Also, many bar state and city bar associations may have programs that will allow those interested in the law to sit or intern with an attorney. Lastly, a great resource is any local law school in your area, visit their admissions office (during their off season) and ask questions and may to speak to a first year law student.
Thanks so much! Tanu N.
0

Robert A.’s Answer

0
Hi Tanu. Firstly I can say we have interests in common as I have done some amateur acting in the past and am now a practicing lawyer. It's important to realise that the world of theatre, drama and the arts is a very interesting one but a very tough one in which to succeed. So your idea of having a backup is a very good one. Also I see that some of the answers above have suggested combining your two interests by looking for experience in media law. All of the qualities you have outlined, such as public speaking, creative writing, acting can be very important in every walk of life, not just for theatre and the law. I would advise you to keep your options open for as long as possible. Nurture your creative side and your analytical side. The very best of luck to you.
Thank you! Tanu N.
0

Thomas’s Answer

0
Sounds like you're very talented and intelligent. Continue Education in law and actress when the opportunity arises. Internships might also be an option for you.
Thanks so much for your help! Tanu N.
No problem keep up your hard work Thomas Wiggins
0