Should I go to a school that does not offer my major?

Updated New York, New York

Since high school my dream colleges have been mainly schools like Tufts University and Brandeis University. I have visited both colleges and found their diversity, size, and culture to be desirable. The only hindrance is that all these liberal and research based colleges does not have my major, accounting. I am 100% set on accounting, but my only worry is that these schools will not help me reach the requirements to sit for the CPA or other accounting exams. Will this be a problem for me in pursuing a career in accounting if I attend these schools as an economic or business major? Do you think it is better to stick to a school that offers accounting or attend one of my dream colleges? #guidance-counselor #school-counselor #education-counselor

Robin’s Answer

Updated New York, New York

To attend a school that do not have what you are interested in means you are willing to make a change. However if what you are passionate about is not at the most popular school then I would not attend that school. You have to follow your heart.