Career Questions tagged Choosing Major

Elaine S.’s Avatar
Elaine S. Oct 06 46 views

If I am looking at majoring in Computer Science, how do I know which specific type/branch is right for me?

I don't have time to take a class for every specific branch of computer science to give things a try, but I do know my interests lay mostly on coding(still very broad), such as web development. It can also help if I know what are the various branches of Computer Science. computer-science...

college choosing-major

Elaine S.’s Avatar
Elaine S. Oct 06 54 views

What are some steps I can take to ensure that majoring in Computer Science is right for me?

I have encountered coding since middle school, and was interested in it ever since. However, I am currently taking AP Computer Science A right now in high school, and the class is somewhat a little challenging. That made me doubt if it is fit for me to major Computer Science because it will be...

college choosing-major computer-science

Jazmin L.’s Avatar
Jazmin L. Apr 08, 2018 429 views

Should I choose a minor that is easily utilized if my major is specific to a certain field?

I would like to major in conservation biology or wildlife biology, but it seems like a very difficult field to become employed in, and I was planning on minoring in psychology because I am interested in behavior and thought it would compliment a biology degree. However, would it be better to...

liberal-arts business conservation interests choosing-a-career choosing-a-minor choosing-major marketing choosing-a-major majors-and-minors wildlife-biology psychology

Hannah C.’s Avatar
Hannah C. Mar 06, 2018 729 views

If I am looking at majoring in Marketing, how do I know which specific type is right for me?

I don't have time to take a class for every specific type of marketing major to give things a try, so how do I know which major to go with? college-major...

choosing-major

Leonardo O.’s Avatar
Leonardo O. Jan 23, 2018 425 views

If I'm going into a major that I don't know that I really like, what should I do?

I put the major I would want on my application as Physics but I don't think it'll be the right major for me but I don't know what major is the right one for me. choosing-major college-major...

college-bound

Mariam I.’s Avatar
Mariam I. Jan 16, 2018 425 views

When is the optimum time to declare a major?

How do you know that you're not rushing into anything and might end up picking something that you'll regret later? Is it really that big a deal for you to change your major and spend a little extra time in college? I feel like it's possible to not get your major choice completely right the...

majors college-majors choosing-major choosing-a-major college university college-major major careerpath