Career Questions tagged Choosing Major

Andres A.’s Avatar
Andres A. Nov 08, 2021 206 views

What are things to consider when choosing a major

#college #college-major #choosing-major #college-advice

Elaine S.’s Avatar
Elaine S. Oct 06, 2021 194 views

If I am looking at majoring in Computer Science, how do I know which specific type/branch is right for me?

I don't have time to take a class for every specific branch of computer science to give things a try, but I do know my interests lay mostly on coding(still very broad), such as web development. It can also help if I know what are the various branches of Computer Science. #computer-science...

Elaine S.’s Avatar
Elaine S. Oct 06, 2021 194 views

What are some steps I can take to ensure that majoring in Computer Science is right for me?

I have encountered coding since middle school, and was interested in it ever since. However, I am currently taking AP Computer Science A right now in high school, and the class is somewhat a little challenging. That made me doubt if it is fit for me to major Computer Science because it will be...

Jazmin L.’s Avatar
Jazmin L. Apr 08, 2018 552 views

Should I choose a minor that is easily utilized if my major is specific to a certain field?

I would like to major in conservation biology or wildlife biology, but it seems like a very difficult field to become employed in, and I was planning on minoring in psychology because I am interested in behavior and thought it would compliment a biology degree. However, would it be better to...

Hannah C.’s Avatar
Hannah C. Mar 06, 2018 1095 views

If I am looking at majoring in Marketing, how do I know which specific type is right for me?

I don't have time to take a class for every specific type of marketing major to give things a try, so how do I know which major to go with? #college-major #choosing-major

Leonardo O.’s Avatar
Leonardo O. Jan 23, 2018 521 views

If I'm going into a major that I don't know that I really like, what should I do?

I put the major I would want on my application as Physics but I don't think it'll be the right major for me but I don't know what major is the right one for me.

#choosing-major #college-major #college-bound

Mariam I.’s Avatar
Mariam I. Jan 16, 2018 520 views

When is the optimum time to declare a major?

How do you know that you're not rushing into anything and might end up picking something that you'll regret later? Is it really that big a deal for you to change your major and spend a little extra time in college? I feel like it's possible to not get your major choice completely right the...