3

How can I have my first job as a developer living in another country (Brazil)?

I started learning front-end around 60 days ago, studying more than I can about CSS, HTML 5, responsive sites and etc. But I never worked with programming before.
Is it possible get a new job out of Brazil (my country), to get a good experience and network?

3

0

Lucas’s Answer, CareerVillage.org Team

Hey! Rodrigo, great question! It is possible to work out of Brazil on the development industry. You could either apply for a job or become a freelancer. The main restriction I could see would be language wise, since it is pretty much required for you to speak English thinking outside America, but you could also work for a company located in America and speak Portuguese or Spanish.
I personally work on the industry and on another country too!
There are a few recommendations I could give you, you are going into Front End direction, so I would suggest you to learn some of these technologies: Javascript, React / Angular / Vue, SASS / Less, Webpack, and also some Back End since nowadays companies take into consideration you capability of being a Full Stack Developer. Any Back End programming language would be good, but I'd suggest you should look which company you're aiming for and learn that technology, otherwise take a look at which are the most used and most loved languages out there and have fun!
Remember this: you should be happy while working, so don't feel pressured with a specific language, look at them, see which one fits your style and go for it!
0
0

Ricardo’s Answer, CareerVillage.org Team

Hi Rodrigo!

If you want to work on a company located on a country that speaks a different language, I'd say focusing on learning that foreign language is a good starting point!

Also, try to keep yourself updated on new trends in your area of interest and prioritize learning best programming practices. Once you feel comfortable enough with Javascript, I suggest you learn any of the most popular and well-established frontend frameworks (React, Angular or Vue).

If you eventually feel comfortable enough with frontend development, learning how servers and backends work will definitely add a ton of value to your profile. Learning backend can profile you as a fullstack developer and make your job search a lot easier.

0