4 answers
Asked Viewed 75 times Translate

What are the college requirements to become a trauma nurse?

+25 Karma if successful
From: You
To: Friend
Subject: Career question for you
100% of 4 Pros

4 answers

Updated Translate

Kapil’s Answer

Well to begin with it's a very noble profession you are aiming for, good choice.

A trauma nurse is a nurse who specializes in the care of patients who suffer an acute injury or illness, whether it is accidental or intentional. Trauma nurses are skilled in caring for patients of all ages—from newborn to the elderly.

Those interested in trauma nursing should first pursue a nursing degree through a two or four-year university. The trauma specialty houses nurses of all levels - from vocational nursing to nurse practitioners. For those pursuing registered nursing, obtaining an associate's degree (ADN) or bachelor's degree (BSN) in nursing is required. After completion of an accredited nursing program, successful completion of the NCLEX-RN is required for licensure.

Best of Luck.

Updated Translate

Morgan’s Answer

Each college university will have its own set of requirements and prerequisites. You can find this on their admissions page. Usually universities will want you to enroll in math, science, and humanities courses. Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Updated Translate

Melissa’s Answer

Great question and Easy answer!

To become a nurse you must go through a registered nursing (RN) program at a community college or university.

After completing the program, you will take and pass the state board and become a registered nurse!

From there: the world of nursing is open to YOU!
You can choose any type of nursing you want...trauma being one type of unit that you can work in as a registered nurse.

Voila! A trauma nurse is born. Be the best one! The patients deserve it!

Best of luck to you!


Updated Translate

Estelle’s Answer

RN you can do either:
2 year Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN)
4 years for your Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Either Degree you will have to take the NCLEX-RN exam (you take this exam after you graduate)