Do you think there needs to be more investigation when doing CPS

Updated San Augustine, Texas

I'm an adopted child, along with my twin brother, who's special needs and I found out not too long ago that there are actually a lot of adopted and foster kids in my area. But, not all are in a loving caring home like I am. I feel like I should step in, give back to the kids and make a change in their lives before its too late. #child-development #working-with-children #child-care #children #career-choice #career-path

Dan’s Answer

Updated Grayson, Kentucky

I applaud your empathy for others that are from similar circumstances as you but not as fortunate with their placements. The best way to help until you can be part of the solution is to be available to others who need someone to talk to, and advocate and encourage them to report anything that sounds questionable to the appropriate authority (CPS, guidance counselor, law enforcement, etc.).

Dan recommends the following next steps:

• Find a local advocacy or child welfare agency/foster agency that would have opportunities for volunteerism or internship.