Career Questions tagged Meteorology

An Awesome Student’s Avatar
An Awesome Student Jan 18, 2021 194 views

How do you study the weather? How do you make that a career?

I'm Ms. Balint at the International Community School. My 2nd graders have a few questions and I'd like to share your advice with them. Thanks in advance!

#meteorology

Allison’s Avatar
Allison Aug 21, 2018 553 views

Which schools have the best meteorology programs?

#meteorology #majors

Racheal’s Avatar
Racheal Mar 18, 2018 488 views

Is a career in meteorology worth it?

#meteorology #career-counseling #post-college

Olivia’s Avatar
Olivia Jan 25, 2018 377 views

Are research opportunities more favorable to climatology or meteorology if I pursue a degree in Atmospheric Science?

I would like to be a meteorologist although I’m not sure if I’m leaning towards being the weather person on a local news station or forecaster behind the scenes. I would like to participate in research study and long-term predictions and am wondering if I could be more successful as a...

Jessica’s Avatar
Jessica Jan 24, 2018 540 views

How do I know if my degree of choice is too difficult?

I am interested in studying meteorology in college. This is my senior year of high school and I am taking physics and calculus to prepare for the meteorology degree. However, I feel like I am struggling in calculus. I'm passing, but I realize that harder courses are coming, and they may...

Jessica’s Avatar
Jessica Jan 24, 2018 625 views

How should I choose the right job for me in the field of Meteorology?

I am interested in pursuing a meteorology degree in college. However, there is a wide range of jobs and applications in this field, and I don't know how to narrow my choices down. What jobs are there, how do they differ, and how do I know which one is for me? #meteorology #meteorologist...

Laura’s Avatar
Laura Jan 19, 2018 394 views

Should I go into Meteorology?

I have attended Penn State's Advanced Weather Camp two years in a row, and I'm not sure if the field of Meteorology is for me. I love learning about weather and natural disasters, but almost every career requires being at a desk all day which I don't want to do. Should I still go into this...

Devetra’s Avatar
Devetra May 17, 2017 824 views

How much do meteorologists make a year?

Just wondering #meteorology

Jessica’s Avatar
Jessica Apr 26, 2017 668 views

Meteorology or Astronomy

I am thinking of pursuing a degree in either meteorology or astronomy, so I want to know the facts or pros and cons of each degree #astronomy #meteorology

Alexandra’s Avatar
Alexandra Oct 28, 2016 542 views

Is a graduate degree required to be successful in meteorology?

What other options do you have with more education #science #meteorology

Alexandra’s Avatar
Alexandra Oct 28, 2016 955 views

What other things can you do with a meteorology degree?

Meteorologists aren't just broadcasters, right? #science #meteorology #atmospheric

Utah’s Avatar
Utah Oct 27, 2016 661 views

Will studying Physics help me better understand the study of Atmospheric Science?

I've always wanted to study Atmospheric Science and get my masters in that degree, but my parents says it is smarter to get a degree in Physics first, then transfer to Atmospheric Science. Is this a smart move or will it be a waste of time? Is there another degree I could take to help my study...