How do I know if my degree of choice is too difficult?

Asked Carlisle, Pennsylvania

I am interested in studying meteorology in college. This is my senior year of high school and I am taking physics and calculus to prepare for the meteorology degree. However, I feel like I am struggling in calculus. I'm passing, but I realize that harder courses are coming, and they may prove to be too difficult. I really want to study the weather, and I really enjoy calculus, when I understand it.

#college #difficult #calculus #ap-calculus #meteorology #meteorologist #weather #degree

JENNA’s Answer

Updated Dallas, Texas
You're doing the right thing. Take the classes, struggle with it, wrestle with it, learn it. You learn much more when you have to work at something. Get a tutor or help from your teacher and don't give up! If you give up, you will never get to live your dream. Keep struggling through it and don't get defeated before you even start. You're passing, so that's great, keep working at it. If you fail a class, that would be a good time to have a conversation with the instructor. I had to work really, really hard in graduate school. I said they would have to kick me out, either with or without a degree, because I would not give up. It took me an extra year. I got out- and I got the degree, and I'm using it every day. So go for it!