Career Questions tagged Geology

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 23, 2018 146 views

Is geology a good major?

Things you can consider for this specific question... Are there many job opportunities in geology? Is there a lot of room for growth in the field of geology? If you majored in geology, are you happy with your choice of major? I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we...

#earth-science #earth #science #geology

Alyson V.’s Avatar
Alyson V. Apr 16, 2018 129 views

What does my path have to look like in order to become an environmental geologist?

You can only search so much online, so I feel like I have the basis of what it might have to look like, but I've never had any one give their personal account. To know what someone went through, and to know their advice would be more than helpful for me. #environmental-geology...

#geology

Thomas M.’s Avatar
Thomas M. Jan 28, 2018 196 views

I will be taking a Fieldcraft / Outdoor Proficiency class as part of my major (Geology). Should I still participate in a Geology Field Camp?

I plan to have a career in geoscience. I want to be prepared for my future career. I also wonder if a Field Camp experience is especially important to employers. #geology #geoscientist #environmental-geology #geoscience...

#geologist

Thomas M.’s Avatar
Thomas M. Jan 24, 2018 472 views

Does adding a Computer Science minor with my Geology major make sense?

I am a freshman Geology major at Alfred University and thinking of adding a minor in Computer Science. #geology #computer-science #geologist...

Thomas M.’s Avatar
Thomas M. Jan 24, 2018 233 views

What skills are most important for me to learn in preparation for a career as a Geologist / Geoscientist?

I am a freshman Geology major and want to choose the best coursework to prepare myself for a career in geology / geoscience. #geology #geoscientist #environmental-geology...

pedro H.’s Avatar
pedro H. Jan 22, 2018 178 views

What are good careers surrounding the geology field

Geology has always caught my interest because rocks and the earth have fascinated me. Just all the different sizes and colors they give and the sound you can hear from them, the ways they resonate with different materials when they come in contact or tap each other. #geology...

#rocks #landscaping #environmental-science

Matthew V.’s Avatar
Matthew V. Jan 16, 2018 148 views

What kind of jobs can I expect to get with a Geology degree?

I recently switched to Geology major and want to know if there is a demand for this...

#geology

Ashley H.’s Avatar
Ashley H. Dec 11, 2017 505 views

What does the typical day of an environmental scientist look like?

So, I understand that it a very, VERY broad field. But, I am curious as to the range of jobs and daily activities associated with working within the environmental sciences/biology/geology? Thank you! #environmental-science #biology #environmental-geology #geology...

#ecology

Xavier L.’s Avatar
Xavier L. Oct 23, 2016 463 views
Sammy B.’s Avatar
Sammy B. Sep 07, 2017 553 views

Is a BS in Geology any good?

Is BS Geology a good course to take? What are the possible careers after taking this course? (a friend told me to relay her q here) #geology #science #earth-science #career...

#career-choice

Isaac A.’s Avatar
Isaac A. Sep 27, 2017 351 views

What type of earth science is most common?

I want to know this because I want to study the earth more but I don't know what to do.Also I want to know what earth study is paid the most.#geology...

#earth-science

Ann N.’s Avatar
Ann N. Sep 01, 2017 382 views

How do I find a job that incorporates everything I love to do? What degree should I pursue?

I am absolutely in LOVE with the outdoors and travel. My favorite subjects in school have always been Geology, Earth Science, and Biology. I am very passionate about the environment and sustainability. I look forward to all my classes, and I really enjoy being a student in general. College is...

#geology #nature #science #travel #creative-professions

Brendan G.’s Avatar
Brendan G. Oct 31, 2016 376 views

If I want to be a paleontologist, would it be better to minor in geology or biology?

I have always wanted to study earth and its history, and paleontology mixes my love for biology and geology together. #biology #geology...

#paleontology

Zachary T.’s Avatar
Zachary T. Oct 30, 2016 391 views

Do you see a lot of cross-over in the areas of expertise of people with different Earth Science degrees?

There are many different degrees relating to Earth Science, like Geophysics, Applied or Near-Surface Geophysics, Geochemistry, Geology, pure Earth Science, etc, and different colleges offer different ones. I know that there are technically differences between them, but I also know that...

#geochemistry #earth-science #geology #nature #environmental-science #geophysics #oil #hydrologist

Zachary T.’s Avatar
Zachary T. Oct 30, 2016 265 views

Do political and industrial motives significantly influence the types of research conducted by Geophysicists and the impacts of the results they find?

I have always been interested in the environment and especially in geology. The amount of information that an experienced geologist can deduce from aspects of the local strata and environment is amazing to me, and I want to use that information to help people live safely and harmoniously...

#earth-science #geophysics #geology #physics #environmental-science

Samantha R.’s Avatar
Samantha R. Oct 19, 2016 813 views

Is Geological Engineering a good major?

I have loved rocks all my life. My dad also works with construction so I also have a knack for physics and all that good stuff. I was just wondering if I made a good decision in my major. #engineering #high-school-classes #geology...

#geological

Brianna J.’s Avatar
Brianna J. Mar 01, 2016 412 views

What are the classes you took when you engaged in the geophysics course? How hard was it to find a job after graduation?

I want to be a seismologist and I've read that you have to take physics and geology courses. However, there are no specific classes that I should take. #physics #geology #geophysics...

#seismologist