Career Questions tagged Geology

Aleeciah R.’s Avatar
Aleeciah R. Nov 08, 2021 141 views

What are good jobs in the rock-science field?

I have liked learning stuff about geodes,crystals etc. and I wanna know more about those types of job fields, I only know of Geology but i'm not entirely sure I wanna be a Geologist geology science...

career

Hannah L.’s Avatar
Hannah L. Aug 06, 2021 183 views

Are there any jobs that have to with science and art that pay a good salary

I was just wondering if there are any jobs that have to do with science and would allow me to express myself at the same time and pay good. science art geology...

crystals

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 23, 2018 585 views

Is geology a good major?

Things you can consider for this specific question... Are there many job opportunities in geology? Is there a lot of room for growth in the field of geology? If you majored in geology, are you happy with your choice of major? I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we...

science earth geology earth-science

Alyson V.’s Avatar
Alyson V. Apr 16, 2018 326 views

What does my path have to look like in order to become an environmental geologist?

You can only search so much online, so I feel like I have the basis of what it might have to look like, but I've never had any one give their personal account. To know what someone went through, and to know their advice would be more than helpful for me. environmental-geology...

geology

Thomas M.’s Avatar
Thomas M. Jan 28, 2018 323 views

I will be taking a Fieldcraft / Outdoor Proficiency class as part of my major (Geology). Should I still participate in a Geology Field Camp?

I plan to have a career in geoscience. I want to be prepared for my future career. I also wonder if a Field Camp experience is especially important to employers. geology geoscientist environmental-geology geoscience...

geologist

Thomas M.’s Avatar
Thomas M. Jan 24, 2018 1151 views

Does adding a Computer Science minor with my Geology major make sense?

I am a freshman Geology major at Alfred University and thinking of adding a minor in Computer Science. geology computer-science geologist...

Thomas M.’s Avatar
Thomas M. Jan 24, 2018 494 views

What skills are most important for me to learn in preparation for a career as a Geologist / Geoscientist?

I am a freshman Geology major and want to choose the best coursework to prepare myself for a career in geology / geoscience. geology geoscientist environmental-geology...

pedro H.’s Avatar
pedro H. Jan 22, 2018 619 views

What are good careers surrounding the geology field

Geology has always caught my interest because rocks and the earth have fascinated me. Just all the different sizes and colors they give and the sound you can hear from them, the ways they resonate with different materials when they come in contact or tap each other. geology...

rocks landscaping environmental-science

Matthew V.’s Avatar
Matthew V. Jan 16, 2018 339 views

What kind of jobs can I expect to get with a Geology degree?

I recently switched to Geology major and want to know if there is a demand for this...

geology

Ashley H.’s Avatar
Ashley H. Dec 11, 2017 1078 views

What does the typical day of an environmental scientist look like?

So, I understand that it a very, VERY broad field. But, I am curious as to the range of jobs and daily activities associated with working within the environmental sciences/biology/geology? Thank you! environmental-science biology environmental-geology geology...

ecology

Sammy B.’s Avatar
Sammy B. Sep 07, 2017 958 views

Is a BS in Geology any good?

Is BS Geology a good course to take? What are the possible careers after taking this course? (a friend told me to relay her q here) geology science earth-science career...

career-choice

Isaac A.’s Avatar
Isaac A. Sep 27, 2017 560 views

What type of earth science is most common?

I want to know this because I want to study the earth more but I don't know what to do.Also I want to know what earth study is paid the most.geology...

earth-science

Ann N.’s Avatar
Ann N. Sep 01, 2017 549 views

How do I find a job that incorporates everything I love to do? What degree should I pursue?

I am absolutely in LOVE with the outdoors and travel. My favorite subjects in school have always been Geology, Earth Science, and Biology. I am very passionate about the environment and sustainability. I look forward to all my classes, and I really enjoy being a student in general. College is...

nature creative-professions science travel geology

Brendan G.’s Avatar
Brendan G. Oct 31, 2016 674 views

If I want to be a paleontologist, would it be better to minor in geology or biology?

I have always wanted to study earth and its history, and paleontology mixes my love for biology and geology together. biology geology...

paleontology

Zachary T.’s Avatar
Zachary T. Oct 30, 2016 566 views

Do you see a lot of cross-over in the areas of expertise of people with different Earth Science degrees?

There are many different degrees relating to Earth Science, like Geophysics, Applied or Near-Surface Geophysics, Geochemistry, Geology, pure Earth Science, etc, and different colleges offer different ones. I know that there are technically differences between them, but I also know that...

oil earth-science geology nature environmental-science hydrologist geophysics geochemistry

Zachary T.’s Avatar
Zachary T. Oct 30, 2016 436 views

Do political and industrial motives significantly influence the types of research conducted by Geophysicists and the impacts of the results they find?

I have always been interested in the environment and especially in geology. The amount of information that an experienced geologist can deduce from aspects of the local strata and environment is amazing to me, and I want to use that information to help people live safely and harmoniously...

environmental-science earth-science geology geophysics physics

Samantha R.’s Avatar
Samantha R. Oct 19, 2016 1607 views

Is Geological Engineering a good major?

I have loved rocks all my life. My dad also works with construction so I also have a knack for physics and all that good stuff. I was just wondering if I made a good decision in my major. engineering high-school-classes geology...

geological

Brianna J.’s Avatar
Brianna J. Mar 01, 2016 554 views

What are the classes you took when you engaged in the geophysics course? How hard was it to find a job after graduation?

I want to be a seismologist and I've read that you have to take physics and geology courses. However, there are no specific classes that I should take. physics geology geophysics...

seismologist