If I have a BS in Psychology, can I apply for a Master's in Ecology?

Asked Cairns City, Queensland, Australia

I am a US citizen living in Australia, I have been out of school for 2 1/2 years, and I would like to go back to school to earn a masters in Ecology or a related field. I would like to know if this is possible in the USA, but I want to go to school in Central Europe. Would a foreign school in Austria or Germany accept me for an ecology program if my Bachelor's is in a different scientific field. #science #graduate-school #ecology #study-abroad #austria #germany #environmental-science #masters #europe

Brittany’s Answer

Updated Macon, Georgia

Hello Sam, In order to figure out if you would be accepted into the Ecology program, you would need to go to the school's website and see if student's are allowed to pursue in different programs. If the information isn't posted or available on the school's website then the next thing I would recommend that you do is get in contact with the Dean of the Ecology Department within that school. Give them a call or email them and see if you are eligible to apply. I wouldn't recommend going and searching on google for your answer, due to the fact that there are different requirements for different schools. Just because one university says that its fine in that country doesnt mean that another university in that same country follows those same requirements and standards. The best option is to contact the school and the Dean of the Ecology Department in order to get a guaranteed answer.