What does a work day of being a Clinical Microbiologist look like?

I'm a 9th grader and I have always loved science! I'm very curious in being a clinical microbiologist. I would like to know more about what they do, how to get to that position, and how I can gain more experience. biology microbiologist microbiology science clinical-microbiologist

2
Pros
2
0

Heydi’s Answer

Hello Olivia, my name in Heydi and I have a minor in microbiology , I Stated in the consumer Goods industry so many years ago , as a microbiologist and my day start always with sampling water , the water we use for production and manufacturing , after I collected water samples , I proceed with the finished product sampling from the day before , work in my lab and place in aging for 7 days to check if any bacteria growth ( gram negative or gram positive) if yes there were process and procedures for handling that .

I will said it is very exciting world and you learn so much . it is a good career

I hope this is helpful :)

regards

Heydi
0

Taryn’s Answer

Perhaps this article will help give you an idea. An alternative would be to apply to a clinical microbiologist internship or ask a microbiologist to shadow.

Taryn recommends the following next steps:

https://www.asm.org/index.php/career-paths-clinical-microbiology
Thank you so much for the informationTaryn! I'm very excited to research more! Olivia C.
0