Career Questions tagged Advance Placement

Caleb’s Avatar
Caleb Jan 18, 2018 382 views

Which is better to be accepted into colleges outside of my state and for scholarships, Advanced Placement classes or Dual Credit courses? Are they valued the same by admissions and scholarship committees?

Through out my high school career I have chosen dual credit course or advance placement classes. The teachers were the same for both. The college credit was automatic without the burden of an assessment to determine if I should receive college credit. Also they both had the same point value so...

Raeann’s Avatar
Raeann Feb 06, 2017 820 views

Do AP classes really help your college applications?

Will having Advanced Placement courses really help my college applications? Do you think getting a B in an AP class will look better or worse to people evaluating your application? Is an AP class really worth it? #college #college-applications #ap #advance-placement

Nada’s Avatar
Nada Jan 02, 2017 798 views

Can you take an AP exam without taking the class?

I honestly am not interested in AP I am more interested in IB however I do want to utilize the time that I can to accumulate as much college credit as possible. So while I am in sophomore year, still in pre-IB is it possible, with study, to take an AP exam and maybe score high enough to get...

Tom’s Avatar
Tom May 23, 2016 865 views

What AP classes would be best to take in high school for an aspiring Computer Science major?

I am going into my junior year of high school, and have already taken AP U.S. History, but my score on the exam hasn't come back yet. What other AP classes should I take starting this year to help me get prepared for a Computer Science major? #computer-science #ap #advance-placement

Maeve’s Avatar
Maeve May 06, 2014 1756 views

How do AP tests help you with your college degree?

I know that by takin AP exams you can get college credit. Will this help you complete your degree sooner? How many AP exams do you recommend students to take? #college #ap #advance-placement