How do you find out what scores a school really wants for the SAT and ACT?

Asked Mesa, Arizona

I've been told that some schools only require one test or the other, but how do you find what a specific school wants and the minimum score requirements? #sat #college #act #testing

Austin’s Answer

Updated Washington, Washington

Kylee,

Really great question. Test scores are key to getting into college and it is important to be aware of what the schools you are applying to expect in terms of test score. Almost all school post the range of scores of their accepted students as well as what it generally takes to get admitted to the school. Almost all college prep books also have the scores needed to be admitted to the college of your choice. A simple google search should yield the information that you seek. Also, I suggest speaking with a college counselor if your school provides them. They are very aware of this kind of information and should be best equipped to field all of your questions.

When I was applying to college I bought this *awesome* college prep book called the "Fiske Guide to College". I am NOT saying that this is the only book to buy by any means, just that I found it very useful in researching schools. It had lots of relevant information and it really assisted me in the college application process.

In short, search on google, look in a college prep book, or talk to a college counselor (honestly speaking with a college counselor is something you should do as they are incredibly helpful).

I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck!!

Best,

Austin