Educator/Career Coach, Founder of "Learn Now Learn Well"
There are so many benefits of school and college, among them being:
- Knowledge/learning many subjects
- Growing socially and behaviorally
- Opportunities inside and outside of the classroom
- Specializing in your subject
- Sports, extracurriculars and clubs
- College has become increasingly important for job attainment and mobility
Not everyone loves school and/or college, but they provide many opportunities for students to grow, learn, experiment, and “find themselves.” Moreover, having a high school degree (some would argue college degree or even post-graduate studies) is almost essential to finding a well-paying job in the US. Higher education institutions also prepare students for the workforce and (should) teach them about the importance of things like punctuality, individual responsibility, team work, engaging in meaningful dialogue and discussion, and encouraging curiosity.
I also highly recommend talking to others who have been in college, teachers, professors, guidance counselors, etc. to see what their opinions are as well. Personally, I loved college and felt that I gained a ton of knowledge and experience while enjoying everything it had to offer!
Good luck in your journey!
This professional recommends the following next steps:
- Reflect on what you like (and even dislike) about school. This will help you figure out your goals.
- Talk with teachers, professors, graduates, etc. to see what their opinions are.