when in the medical field dealing with children is it easier to find yourself caring too much if yo see one struggling?

1
1

Nicole’s Answer

0
I am a nurse in the same day surgery department. I work with pediatric patients that have had orthopedic procedures or ENT (tonsils, adenoids and ear tubes). These kiddos are super upset for multiple reasons. They are in pain, scared and want to go home. It’s very easy to do the job and let them go in my department. They scream and sometimes fight you. But they are pretty healthy and you know they will be just fine.
I would imagine it would be much harder if or when the children are much sicker. It is however incredibly hard when you see negative family dynamics or know of a history of abuse. It takes more effort to provide the extra loving care children need while also not taking each case home with you.
0