1

Would it be better to work as a medical scribe or job shadow doctors?

I do not really have any experience with the medical field, and I really want more exposure because I think that I am interested in becoming a doctor. What way would you suggest to be the best way to introduce myself to and get more involved with this field? Is it difficult to be a scribe if you don't really know much medical terminology? #hospitals #doctor #shadowing #medicine

1

0

Kelly’s Answer

I volunteered at my local hospital.  Did not do much work but it gave me a great way to find out I was better with computers than I was working around blood and people.  Call your local trauma hospital and ask for the volunteer  office.   Work when no one else wants to for example holidays, weekends and nights.  I became CANDY the Candy striper. I actually save someone's life doing a stretcher transport because of a staff shortage that night.  The patient's IV had broken in his arm and if the needle had gone to his heart he would have died. I applied a tourniquet and called the nurses.  But it taught me very quickly it is not the job for me.

Kelly recommends the following next steps:

volunteer
0