What helped you in deciding to become a labor and delivery nurse?

I am really interested in a career in nursing. The one branch of nursing that really sparked my interest was labor and delivery nursing. #registered-nurses #pediatric-nursing #pediatrics #obstetrics #hospital-and-health-care #healthcare #medicine

3

Patricia’s Answer

Nursing is a very rigorous field. We are carefully trained in all aspects of the medical field (we really should be called DOCTORS). Labor and delivery is a huge field to learn but very rewarding. You can pretty much work anywhere (hospital delivery rooms, physicians's offices, community clinics, etc). The field is growing (Mid-wifery, Nurse Practitioner, Anesthesiologist, etc). In your semester clinicals, you will get a full view of Labor and Delivery (seeing C-sections live or a live vaginal birth). It is loads of fun with the babies and assisting the mothers. Remember there is a lot to learn. Labor and Delivery is very comprehensive. Study and pass the NCLEX and you are on your way. Good luck and God bless

0

Angela’s Answer

The great part about nursing school is they expose you to many areas. I know many L and D nurses and it's all they've ever done. They knew right away " this is it". I worked in L and D for 6 months because I thought it was it for me. After 6 months I figured out I preferred the babies not the process of birthing them. Be patient with yourself, you'll figure it out 😊

0

James’s Answer

It is so rewarding to help bring a new baby into the world! The parent's happy reaction is a wonderful sight. However, it is not always fun and happy outcome; things can go wrong and lots of stress for nurses.

0