Career Questions tagged Midwifery

iesha’s Avatar
iesha May 17, 2022 326 views

Would there be anyone you would recommend I talk to if I want to be a nurse midwife?

I want to learn more about becoming a nurse midwife.

Serenity’s Avatar
Serenity Oct 27, 2021 211 views

What are the values of your company, are looking for in a person?

I'm looking into #nursing and #midwifery and I'd like to know what values a #nurse and #midwife must have, in order to have a #healthcare position and profession. #nursing #medical #neonatal #labor-and-delivery

Crystal’s Avatar
Crystal Jul 27, 2021 466 views

I want to become a Licensed Midwife, but don’t know where to start?

I am currently going into my second year of college this upcoming fall semester as a Biology major. I wanted to become a doctor, but got conflicted. After taking time to reflect on my future and what I ACTUALLY want, I’ve decided to go into the Midwifery route! I am attending a community...

Gian’s Avatar
Gian Feb 05, 2019 4661 views

How many days a week would I be working as a nurse or midwife ?

#nurse #registered-nurses #nursing #healthcare #midwifery

Martinique’s Avatar
Martinique Aug 07, 2018 321 views

What are the best and worse parts of being a Nurse Midwife.

#midwifery

Carmilia’s Avatar
Carmilia May 15, 2018 477 views

Is it true that RN-midwives don't get paid a lot?

Is it true that RN-midwives don't get paid at least $60,000? #nursing #college #registered-nursing #midwives #midwife #midwifery #nurse-midwife

Charlee’s Avatar
Charlee Jan 17, 2018 559 views

What are some things I should know in order to start my own professional business?

I am preparing for a career as a CPM/LM (out-of-hospital midwife), and I hope to eventually start my own birth and photography businesses. I would like to learn more about the aspects of building a business that are most important in the beginning, so that I can create a solid foundation in...

Charlee’s Avatar
Charlee Jan 17, 2018 644 views

What is the most difficult aspect of living your life on-call, and how do you cope with it?

I am currently studying to be a CPM/LM (essentially, an out-of-hospital midwife), a career that involves being on-call for births or other needs by mothers 24/7. So, I would like to learn more about others' experiences with the on-call life, particularly what they found to be the hardest part...

Shasta’s Avatar
Shasta Jan 21, 2017 690 views

New student, Medical Assistant! What is the BEST path to take to be a midwife?

I'm 32yrs old and a mother of 2 boys! I've wanted to help deliver babies since I can remember. I have witnessed two babies to friends and one to my sister be born. It was AMAZING!!! I've been out of Hight School for 16yrs now. So I feel very lost when it comes to the best choices regarding...

Jennifer’s Avatar
Jennifer May 19, 2016 986 views

I was wondering if anybody in these specific careers could answer my interview question (basically I'm giving you an interview). I've been emailing a few people in these professions but I haven't gotten any answers and I really need them soon. Thank You!

1.)Where do you work? (Provide a name of the company and a description) 2.) Number of years working in this career? 3.)What exactly is your career? What do you do? (Provide your position/title and a brief description of your responsibilities) 4.)What do you like most about your job?...

Caitlin’s Avatar
Caitlin Mar 02, 2016 622 views

As a midwife how do you deal with handling a parent when the child does not make it?

Hi I am a student at Achievement First Brooklyn High School, and I'm interested in being a midwife because I want to bring life into the world. I am scared of losing someone's child and having to see the pain that the parent has to go through. #midwifery

Hayley ’s Avatar
Hayley Jan 28, 2016 912 views

How long does a midwife have to stay in college for?

I'm interested in becoming a midwife because I think that would be the coolest job ever! #college #doctor #midwifery #baby #midwife

Carlie’s Avatar
Carlie Jun 18, 2015 831 views

When being a nurse midwife, how do you deal with patients that don't listen?

I am asking this question because, even though I want to be a singer, I really want to be a nurse midwife and help soon to be mothers. I'd like to know what I should do if a patient is acting up and not listening to me. #nurse #nurse-midwife #midwifery