What is the best program to learn how to draw digitally?

I want to be a concept artist/illustrator, and I have little digital art skills. I want to use Procreate, since I've used it before and it's the most accessible for me. But I was wondering if programs like Photoshop and Clip Studio Paint are better. #art #artist #art-education #the-arts #digital-art #concept-artist #illustrator #arts #painting #artists

2

Lisa Lynn’s Answer

You need to learn Adobe illustrator and Photoshop

0

Alwyn’s Answer

Hello Kayley,

The tools are not relevant in learning how to draw digitally as each program may have similarities but also many differences. It's the skill in drawing that is key. If you can draw in as simple a fashion as pencil and paper, the hand-eye coordination and level of details that accompany hours of drawing to improve your skill van be transferred to a digital form. Draw and expose yourself to as many tools as you can while mastering the ones most in use will benefit you most. Like any creative skill showcasing your (Behance, Devianart, and Dribble are some portfolio sites) work will gain you exposure and if you are really good recognition. As its said practice makes perfect, so go at it with all you might for the love of drawing.

0