How can I better my chances of getting accepted to medical school?

1

I am currently a biology major at Old Dominion University.
#oncologist #oncology #doctor #medicine #med-school #healthcare #hospital-and-healthcare

1

Walt’s Answer

0
I am not a physician, but my wife is a highly accomplished one, so I'll answer with a few observations from her experience. Please take them with a grain of salt given that this is second-hand information... I would highly encourage you to do your own research.

Here are a few things that she did during college that helped her get into the University of North Carolina's School of Medicine:

- Hit the books HARD... She graduated summa cum laude with nearly perfect grades because she prioritized her school work all four years
- Applied for and received a grant to do medical research during her junior year
- Interned for the Environmental Protection Agency
- Studied abroad in London and interned/shadowed physicians there during one summer
- Found leadership roles in a couple student organizations and found ways to make an impact in them
- Studied VERY diligently for the MCAT and earned a high score

Those were all big commitments for her, but they paid off. She not only was accepted into her top choice medical school, but she learned a lot along the way, which positioned her for success once she was there. She was accepted to a top 5 residency as a result. Medicine is a long and arduous road, but the career has been very fulfilling for her. We need bright medical professionals now more than ever... Good luck to you!
0

Walt’s Answer

0

0