2
Updated 114 views

What is the best advice for community college students to succeed after transferring to a 4-year university? #Spring23

As an incoming sophomore transfer student, I'm curious how I can carry over the successful academic and social strategies I've developed into my 4-year university experience. I'm also looking for the best opportunities to grow and expand these strengths.

2

1

Megan’s Answer

Hi Matthew!

I did community college before transferring to university and I found the best thing for me was to get involved on campus. I got a job on campus, joined some clubs, did intramural sports, went to fitness classes, and used all my resources on campus. I went to tutoring, the writing center, and career services and met with an academic advisor every year to make sure I was on track.

I studied abroad, did the Disney College Program internship, and did alternative breaks. I made the most of my college experience which in turn resulted in me performing well in school.

My best advice is to get involved and use your college resources.

Hope that helps!
1