Madeline C.’s Avatar

Madeline C.

46

2

What would be the best minors to take as an architecture student?

I don't know which classes would put me ahead of other architects, and I have a few interests in minors. If I were to minor in engineering, which type of engineering would be best? #minors #architecture #undergrad #engineering

Hi Madeline, to distinguish yourself from others graduating with BFA in architecture, I recommend minoring in structural engineering or construction technology. Having 3D modeling skills will also be helpful, so you may want to look into learning Sketchup as a tool. Lynda.com also offers classes you can take online.

This professional recommends the following next steps:

Last updated Mar 14 at 15:22

Great Architects are ones who can visualize unique and aesthetically pleasing or dramatic buildings. A minor in the visual arts would help you greatly in this regard.

Good Luck, Pete Sturtevant, PE

Last updated Mar 20 at 22:18

My daughter graduated in 2017 from VT architecture.   Lots of things you can minor in - depends on which areas of architecture you want to go into.  You can minor in  building construction, civil, mechanical, or even things like biology, psychology, environmental science, art history, industrial design, music , theater (e.g. if you are a concert hall architect,  ... )you just need to discern where you think you want to be .

Last updated Nov 09 at 07:25