Regarding a roomate, what would be the proper etiquette on who should bring what?

Rooming with another person is a big change, so I was curious on how to best assign duties. dorms college college-advice Roommates Housing On-campus

6
Pros
6
0

Jeremy’s Answer

Hey Cole !
Living your first year in the dorms can be a scary experience at first especially if you are dorming with someone you have never met before. However if executed correctly it can be a very enjoyable experience for everyone. I believe your first step is to reach out to your dormmate whether it be through email, text, or social media. Once everyone has reached out I think the best form of communication is through text or facebook messenger. If you have never met your dormmates before a good idea would be to hop in a facetime or zoom call and have a little rundown on yourself and how you expect the dorm life to be like. During this meeting or later everyone can decide on who should bring what. To make things extra efficient someone can make a shared spreadsheet with items that will be needed for the dorm and items that will be brought with each person. This allows everyone to see items they should and should not bring.
Once everyone is moved in together, collectively y'all can see what extra things need to bought and if you forgot anything. To ensure the best living experience your dorm mates should have an in person meeting to set rules and boundaries. Without any rules it will most likely be chaotic and everyone will start to hate each other. The rules don't have to be strict or anything but your roommates should know where everyone stands.
I hope this helped and good luck !
0

Jeremy’s Answer

Hey Cole !
I hope this helped and good luck !
0

Divyaa’s Answer

I think you should both figure out what you both need and see who has what items. And if either of you does not have an item you need, figure out which person can get it and split the cost for the item.
0

First figure out what each of you already own. Then make a wish list of what you want. Figure out how much you are willing to spend. Decide what things you can't live without. Then split the list while trying to keep the total spent even.
0