If I study business strategy, what sort of jobs would I be aiming to go into at the end of my studies?

Commerce is a broad program, and strategy seems to be one niche that appeals to me, but I don't know what careers can be led after studying in such a program. #undergraduate #strategy #commerce #career-path-planning #career-details

4

Rose’s Answer

I have an MBA in Strategic Management, but I work in Finance. There is significant overlap in the functions. Some of the projects that I've been able to work on related to Strategy include building business cases (including financial models) for new marketing initiatives and back-office services, creating budgets and forecasting contract scenarios, and participating in a cross-functional system implementation team. Sales planning, capital budgeting, mergers/acquisitions/integrations, and commissions/incentives are other possibilities.

0

Tamara’s Answer

A degree in business strategy would most certainly not limit you to a specific role/function and/or industry. Strategic thinking is a very critical skillset in today's world and that mindset is highly appreciated by several companies. A typical route could be in the strategy consulting industry but you could also branch out to cover this role across different industries in tech, engineering, media, etc as well as in the non-profit world.

0

Angus’s Answer

You could argue that doing a degree with "strategy" in the title could set you up to do ANY kind of venture (work for someone, set up your own business etc) where you building or planning something - where you have to think forward, using the strategy analysis skills to assess options and build a well-thought-through roadmap ...

0

Christan’s Answer

Look at the various consulting firms and their strategic or management consulting arms. They are generally generalist roles so you should find a good fit!

0