Can my G.P.A. get me financial aid for school?

3

I've always been a good student. All A's most of the time. I have a 4.0/4.0 G.P.A and I want to go to college. I am in concert choir, showchoir, and marching band and am working on finding a part time job as I will have to pay for most of my schooling myself. With that being said I really need financial aid and am wondering if my G.P.A can equal money towards college?
#gpa #financialaid

Hi Brandi, great question. Yes, your high GPA could potentially help you earn money for school. I recommend applying to as many merit scholarships as you can (merit scholarships are based on academic achievements). However, keep in mind that your GPA alone will not be enough for many scholarships. Extracurriculars, volunteer hours, internships, essays and financial need are also requirements for many forms of financial aid. Hope this helps and I wish you the best! Mireia R.
3

Maryann’s Answer

0

you May also want to check with your school’s financial aid department to see if it offers any type of aid, scholarships, grants, etc. as well as whether the school’s alumni or other non-profit group provides academic scholarship.

Maryann recommends the following next steps:

• Google “non-profit groups that provide academic scholarship or grants”.
0