Frank recommends the following next steps:
- Meet with a course advisor at your school or college to understand the education path necessary.
- Participate in programming or physics "meet ups" on-line or in person, check out meetup.com for local groups.
- Code a personal project and make it available as open source software on GitHub, Bitbucket, or sourceforge.net.
- Apply for CS or Physics Internships. Companies often start taking applications in February for Spring or Summer opportunities.
- Join a Physics or Computer Club at school - or start one!