Training for a job on my resume?

4

I was hired for a teaching position in March and I completed all the training, but then all the in-person classes were cancelled and they didn't have enough online students for me to teach online. I still technically work there and I'm waiting for classes to return to in-person.
Should I include this on my resume? The training was around 24 hours and quite hands on so I think I learned a lot.

#jobs #july20 #july #resume #covid19 #teaching #training

4

Ligia Adriana’s Answer

1
Hi Emma, I would add the training part on your resume, part of your Skills / Competencies (or similar) section.
1

Holly’s Answer

0
Everything you learn is worth noting. The key thing to remember is that you might be asked to indicate a key take-away. Also, maybe you could highlight something important you learned or how it prepared you for a future position.

Holly recommends the following next steps:

• Go back and look at your notes or any handouts you had from the learning
  • Identify 1-2 important things you learned
  • Think about how you would express that during an interview
  • Ask yourself if there is a way to summarize that on your resume
  • Take a moment to congratulate yourself on learning something and thinking about how it will benefit you in the future!
0

William’s Answer

0
I would only include this training on your resume if it helps in providing experience in the jobs you are applying for.

Will
0

Barbara’s Answer

0
Hi Emma,
Sure, include it. It would also help to show how the training provides you with the background to do the job(s) you are applying for.
I hope you can teach an online class!
Barbara
0