Training for a job on my resume?
I was hired for a teaching position in March and I completed all the training, but then all the in-person classes were cancelled and they didn't have enough online students for me to teach online. I still technically work there and I'm waiting for classes to return to in-person.
Should I include this on my resume? The training was around 24 hours and quite hands on so I think I learned a lot.
Holly recommends the following next steps:
- Go back and look at your notes or any handouts you had from the learning
- Identify 1-2 important things you learned
- Think about how you would express that during an interview
- Ask yourself if there is a way to summarize that on your resume
- Take a moment to congratulate yourself on learning something and thinking about how it will benefit you in the future!
Sure, include it. It would also help to show how the training provides you with the background to do the job(s) you are applying for.
I hope you can teach an online class!