Skip to main content
2 answers
Updated Viewed 786 times Translate

Sports Medicine or Sports Reporting Possible

I am a senior in high school and want to do something with sports. I have been in sports since I was 4. I have done karate, baseball, flag football and in the last 4 years have become serious about running. I ran all year at the high school level. I also may want to become a police officer but feel I may enjoy the sports field must more. I was wondering about the different fields I can pursue? in field or sports sport athletics sports-journalism sports-marketing sports-journalism sports-medicine sports-media sports-agent

+25 Karma if successful
From: You
To: Friend
Subject: Career question for you


2 answers

Updated Translate

Monty’s Answer

The direction in the sports field is only limited by your imagination. There is practically something for all interests.

If you enjoy law, then explore the sports agency field. If you enjoy drawing, explore the sports graphic arts and design field. If you enjoy writing or broadcasting try something in the sports journalism field. If you enjoy math and stats, try something in the sports information field. You get the picture.

Study a field and interest in college and adapt it to sports. Chances are there is an opportunity in sports out there that pertains to your interest.

Continued best!
Updated Translate

Mitch’s Answer

Hi James,

My son was an avid runner as well. He ran all through high school and in college. Like you he wanted to do something that could relate to his passion for running. During his running career he unfortunately suffered many injuries and had to go through a lot of rehabilitation. This is what got him interested in a field that could help others recover from sports injuries so they could continue to stay active in the activities they enjoy.

Currently my son is in medical school studying to be an orthopedic surgeon. Orthopedic surgeons focuses on the musculoskeletal system. They can focus on particular parts of the body such as knees, hips or spine. They will work with patients to determine the extent of their injuries and what treatment is needed which at times might include surgery.

Hope this helps.