Ashanti D.

What is it like to be in the public eye when it comes to sports entertainment?

I have always been curious as to how these athletes live out their daily life as normal citizens. #journalism #athlete #sports-journalism

chat-bubble-icon1 answer

I've never been a professional athlete but I do work in the field and work with some. Its very difficult to be in the public eye, because of the scrutiny with successes and failures as well as the liability associated with social media. I think many athletes try to avoid controversy but some, because of the bold character traits that have made them successful, can't help but put their thoughts and ideas out there. Sometimes, this can be great for fan interaction and sometimes, they can get themselves into trouble. Most are at least aware of the risks. All people in the public eye, in sports or entertainment, have to constantly be aware of what they say and do, because any misstep can blow up in the media. This is a trade off of being famous.
Last updated Dec 14 '17 at 02:12

More from

Schools Add a school