Do you have to change your original appearance to be a model?

1

Hey my name is destiny and I like being myself. I know change is good, but I like my own hair and I don't want to cut it ! #modeling #model #fashion #fashion-industry

Hey Destiny! No, you don't have to change your original appearance. It seems like you're trying to become a model, and while beauty is what many people want, don't get hung up on trying to change yourself just to become "more beautiful" by the world's standards. Modeling is a career that you can try to get into, but just remember that there are other professions you can pursue as well! Albert P.
1

Misty’s Answer

1

In today's world, there is a niche for everyone. Figure out what type of modelling you want to do and go for that. That way, you would have to give up less of what makes you you and there is a niche for everything.

1

Sheila’s Answer

0
Hi Destiny:

No you don't have to change yourself to become a model. Just be yourself. Your looks (ie, hair, face, body, etc.) makes you unique and different from the next person. There's opportunity and enough uniqueness for everyone.

FYI, I know that what you see on TV, advertisements, etc. suggests that you are a certain type. But, times are changing because if you look carefully at the advertisements, there's now people with disabilities, plus size models, different ethnicity, LGBT, etc. So don't change anything about yourself; just stay beautiful. :)

I wish you much success on your journey. Best of luck to you!

~ Sheila
0