Career Questions tagged Developer

Isaiah Q.’s Avatar
Isaiah Q. Sep 12 26 views

How did you move from a front-end developer into a full-stack?

I am a self taught #front-end #developer. Currently deciding to get formal training to later move into #back-end development. I have strong fundamentals in #programming #computer...

#software

Patrick L.’s Avatar
Patrick L. Apr 26, 2018 206 views

How much weight should students place on the geographic location of their school?

Over the past five years many industries (tech in particular) seems to have concentrated in a few places around the country. In particular, New York, Silicon Valley, Texas, and Seattle. How large of an advantage is it to go to school at a university that is located in one of these places?...

#technology #urban #software #mobile-applications #developer

Emily D.’s Avatar
Emily D. Nov 01, 2016 450 views

What are the Steps in Becoming a Software Developer?

Software developing seems like an interesting field and I would like to know how I would become one and the pros and cons of the job #software...

#developer

shilpa S.’s Avatar
shilpa S. Jun 23, 2016 371 views

i wanted to be civil engineer? which subject i must choose?

i wanted to go to construction and interior designing field #engineer #construction-management...

#developer

Darren L.’s Avatar
Darren L. Jun 21, 2016 564 views

Computer Programming. Where to go, what to do?

Hi! My name is Darren. I want to pursue a career in computer programming but I don't know where to start. What are the first few steps I should take? I know that a first computer language is needed but I don't know which would be the most effective or the easiest. (Java, C++, ect...) What...

#operating-systems #java #computer-hardware #website-creation #developer #application-developer #programming

Sana M.’s Avatar
Sana M. Jun 17, 2016 678 views

What jobs pay the most/have the best benefits?

Want to Know about the benefits of opting a job in a Particular Field. #doctor #engineer #lawyer #police #scientist #artist #astronomy...

#developer

Logan  J.’s Avatar
Logan J. May 25, 2016 657 views

How difficult is it to find a job after college for computer programmers?

I want to go to college to learn how to program computers, but I'm wondering how the job market for computer programmers are? #computer #software #programming #java...

#developer

Sydney K.’s Avatar
Sydney K. May 19, 2016 858 views

How to you manage to keep up with the ever changing industry of technology?

As time moves on, technology evolves. From going to a brick of a phone to a touch screen I phone in a short amount of time, is quite astonishing. Even going from Nintendo 64 to virtual reality games with the oculus rift, or even looking up programs to use for either editing videos or creating...

#programs #technology #developer

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. May 17, 2016 649 views

What should I expect to run into when going into a degree for game development?

I've always been fascinated with gaming's ability to create worlds for everyone to enjoy, but I know that developing games is anything but a cakewalk. What subjects and technologies should I expect to run into for a game development degree? #video-games #game-development #video-game-development...

#video-game-production #game-developer #developer

Prerna G.’s Avatar
Prerna G. May 15, 2015 724 views

Sir, i am having my class 12th this year with pcm + computer as subject. i am very much interested in the fields related to computers(specially IT). I want to have my career in this field. but i am really confused as i am an average student.

I have not prepared for exam such as IIT so m confused that wether i will be able to succeed in this field. nd what will b my salary, nd which degree should i opt for.? plz ans my queries. #computer-science #engineer #computer #it...

#developer

Xavier S.’s Avatar
Xavier S. Oct 02, 2014 961 views

Does anyone have any beginner recommendations about software, IT, and certificates that may help me ?

I am currently a college student looking to work with a few friends to create Indie games, flash games, etc. I want to learn about some websites, programs, that will help me teach myself coding and creating games on my own. #technology #software #it...

#developer