What can I do with an Associate degree in Math?

5
5

Patrick’s Answer

0

Math is a very useful subject to study and master. It not only provides you with the discipline to think logically, but also helps you with conceptual thinking and problem solving. Math is also a subject that can extend to broad job opportunities. With an Associates Degree in Math, you can do many things: continue your education and get Bachelors degree in Math or related field; start working in a job that utilizes your math skills (accounting, data reporting, data analysis, coding, etc.); you can connect your math skills another area of interest/expertise, such as tutoring, business, management...a lot of possibilities. Think about the subjects in life that interests you, and then think about how you can do those things and use your math skills/knowledge. That is what you should focus on. Good luck to you!

0

Jessica’s Answer

0

Hi Arley! My name is Jess, and I was a Math major in college. My fellow math majors and I all ended up in different fields and industries. Some went into teaching, some healthcare, some business, and some insurance. A lot of us got jobs as data analysts, actuarys, teachers, or financial analysts. I currently work in data analytics for PwC. I got my bachelors degree, but I am sure there are jobs in the fields I mentioned for an Associate degree! I would just keep looking and remain open to different ideas for your future! Good luck!

0

Kevin’s Answer

0

If you think about it, math is everywhere. Everything is essentially applied math.

Personally, I have a bachelor's degree in math that I parlayed and transformed into a study/career in computer science. As a math major, I was exposed to many of the logic and sciences classes upon which I discovered I really enjoyed computer science and software.

Studying math teaches you a rare skill and likening towards problem solving. That is absolutely essential to a field like software, where most of the time your code/software does not work. It requires patience and logical awareness to work through bugs and create spotless software.

Much respect and good luck!

0

Paolo’s Answer

0

Hi Arely,

Tutoring math may be a pathway after an associates degree in Math. It also depends on your experiences so make sure you gain relevant experiences. Consider extending your education to open your doors.

Sincerely,

Paolo

0

Tejas’s Answer

0

Hi Arley,

There are a lot of tutoring opportunities to help high school kids struggling in Math. I got my Bachelors in Mathematics and it has helped me all through out my career. Hope you will consider continuing your education. Good luck!

Tejas

0