How do you keep focus on your classes?

1

Sometimes I find it hard to focus on my classes when doing online classes. There are so many web sites that I'd like to spend my time on instead of doing homework. How do you stay focused? #college #focus #motivation #study-skills #organization #classes #online-classes

1

Sarah’s Answer

0
Andrea, I hear you! I work on a computer all day, mostly using internet-based tools, and it's sooooo hard to ignore all the browser tabs that I have open for social media sites, publications I like to read, etc.

One thing that helps me focus is closing all my browser tabs except the ones I need to have open in order to complete my task. Especially the tab I keep open for email – my inbox is the black hole where my productivity goes to die! Also, try closing non-essential applications on your computer: chat, videos, and anything that sends little notification pop-ups. Having fewer temptations and distractions in my field of vision means I'm naturally able to stay on task better. And all my messages are still there waiting for me when it's done ;o)
0

Abby’s Answer

0
Hi Andrea! I think you'll find some good tips here: https://www.careervillage.org/questions/110488/how-do-i-continue-to-stay-focused-while-studying
0