Career Questions tagged Engineering Industry

Kristen O.’s Avatar
Kristen O. Jan 17, 2018 338 views

How does it look to future employers if you work in a different field for a while?

I am hoping to pursue a career in biomedical engineering. However, I will likely work in an electrical product engineering position for a non-biomedical company following graduation. How will biomedical companies I apply for in the future see this? Will this experience help me or will they...

#biomedical-engineering #biotechnology #first-job #career-change #electrical-engineering #career-plan #engineering-industry #biomed #engineering

Kristen O.’s Avatar
Kristen O. Jan 17, 2018 1381 views

What industry areas of Biomedical Engineering are the best for recent college graduates hoping to pursue a lifelong career in biomedical product engineering?

I am hoping to pursue a career in Biomedical Engineering. Since this field is so broad and full of various areas of concentration, I want to know what areas professionals think are the best to begin with. What areas will help those new to industry narrow down their interests and applicable...

#biomedical-engineering #biotechnology #first-job #electrical-engineering #biomed #engineering #engineering-industry