What Careers Can You Have With A Bachelors Degree in Marketing?

3

Hello! I am a transfer student currently transferring to West Chester in the fall. All online though :(

I will be studying marketing and am wondering what types of jobs I could thrive in as a marketing student. #marketing #july20

3

Chauntia’s Answer

1
I currently work in marketing. I am a marketing specialist; this is an entry level position; therefore, they will accept at least one year's experience or some form of education beyond high school. You can do many things with a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing. Here are the following jobs in my department alone: Sales Executive, Account Management, Business Development Manager, Marketing Director, and Business Analyst. It is just all up to you which line of work that you are seeking such as health insurance, freight management, and so on. I hope this helps!
1

Jackie’s Answer

0
Hi Taylor!

A degree in marketing does not limit yourself, there are a lot of different paths you can take. You could look at advertising/media/brand agencies, look for associate roles at a brand you admire, go into sales, account management, and more. I started my career at a TV network, moved to a media agency and now work brand side.

My suggestion would be to find something you love (other than marketing) and see if you can get your foot in the door that way. Otherwise, an agency really opens the door to different paths you could take, especially if you don't know exactly what you want to do.

Feel free to reach out if you want to connect more.
0

Ashley N.’s Answer

0
Hi Taylor!

I think your interest in the marketing industry is an exiciting one. Marketing is very broad which allows for many cross-training opportunities, especailly once you're in the field.

To start, I would recommend figuring out which specific part of marketing you're most interested in. Is it the insights / consumer behvior / data side of building a plan? Or is it account management, where you are responsible for managing and building relationships with specific clients to understanding their goals and objecives? Or is it the creative part where you help to bring campaigns and content to life via concepting, design, production, ad shoots, etc.

No matter which part you're most interested in, it's always a good idea to have a high-level understanding of each element, as well as the WHY behind it all.

Also, since marketing includes a product or service, it touches upon all of the other industries as well, so I'd suggest identifying a sub-industry you're interested in so you can determine where the two interests intersect. For example, you know you want to get into marketing. But do you want to get into marketing music, restaurants, sports, travel, video games, toys, movies or healthcare products? Knowing WHAT you'd be passionate about marketing will ensure you start on the right path. And even as your interests change over the course of your career, you will still have the foundational marketing skills to take to a different service or product industry.

Wishing you the best of luck. This is an exiciting time in your life, where the whole world is before you.

Ashley N. recommends the following next steps:

• Spend some time researching the different roles in the marketing industry to determine which excites you the most.
  • Identify three sub-categories of products or services you would be excited to market (music, travel,fashion lines, pharmaceuticals, etc.)
  • Look up real-world examples of people who are in those roles and begin to build your network.
0