Best computer science colleges in California?

2

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college #computer-science #cis #california #choosing-a-college

Things you can consider for this specific question...

Which schools in California have highly ranked computer science programs?
If you studied computer science in California, where did you attend college?

2

Daniel’s Answer

1

Berkeley, Stanford, Cal Tech: these are also probably in the top 5-ish nationally.

Followed by USC, UCLA.

1

Camille’s Answer

0
Berkeley is the best (Go Bears!) and it focuses on computer science theories and how to approach computer science problems more so than the actual syntax of coding or programming. While frustrating to some of my friends while they took the courses, it ultimately served them well in the "real world" as they knew how to approach problems better than some of their new coworkers

Then I'd say Stanford, which is also a world-renowned program, though I'm less familiar with the curriculum

Though lesser known than Berkeley or Stanford, I visited Caltech and it's an incredibly engineering focused school, while Berkeley and Stanford are going to offer more exposure to other types of classes and opportunities outside of engineering.
0