should i join the union? what are the benefits?

1
1

Nina’s Answer

0

I believe, you should join the union. The benefits are: they can save your job; if there are problems on the job with someone they can be your advocate; they can sometimes provide openings for opportunities when you are unable to get that promoted or transfer into a different department when not in a union. They are what I would call your personal "affirmative action". I can say I never had the opportunity to be in one but my mom and other family have all been in a union. They were never too disappointed when they had strong members able to use their power to help someone who was not smart when it came to the policies basically the ends and outs or how to word something if needing a raise.

Nina recommends the following next steps:

• At least go get information about the union at your job and ask any additional questions and see its right for you.
0